Welcome to UCPH SIF
About UCPH SIF
SIF is the Sensitive Information Facility at University of Copenhagen
(UCPH) meant for storing sensitive data. In particular this includes personal
data requiring special care under the EU General Data Protection Regulation
(GDPR). SIF delivers secure centralized storage space for various projects
involving sensitive data
and integrates safe
sharing with other project participants.
As a user of SIF you should beware of the following:
- When you create a new project for storing personal data or similar the Faculty Secretariat is automatically notified
- Any login attempt is logged
- Any access to data is logged along with your ID, time of day and other relevant information
- Any access pattern that is considered "suspicious" will result in a suspension of your account
You are not under any circumstances allowed to share your
account with anybody else. If other persons need access to your data
they must have and use their own account to do so.
Examples of suspicious behavior may include:
- Attempts to login from different internet addresses within a short time frame
- Structured download of data
- Attempts to circumvent security controls or access data to which you have no privilege
Please note that these rules are in place to protect you as a researcher
and University of Copenhagen in general. We try hard to make the system
as easy to use as possible, while always ensuring the required high level
For now SIF use is limited to the faculty of Science, but it may be extended to all of UCPH in the future to support the general UCPH Data Management Guidelines.
Status and News
You can always refer to our separate status and news overview for the latest ERDA/SIF system status as well as information about new or changed features.
Questions and SupportWe've gathered information about SIF in a few short intro-guides and a more thorough user guide
- The Sign up Intro for UCPH and external users
- The Project Intro about creating, sharing and accessing projects
- The User Guide for general usage
Feel free to contact us using the email link at the bottom of the page in case you have any further questions or comments (in English or Danish). Unfortunately we do not have resources to offer video or phone support, but we typically reply on email the next working-day at the latest.
SIF comes with only few restrictions and they should be in line with
basic common sense.